Those following the stock market may realize that the S&P 500 hit a new all-time high on 9/2, building on the August 18th high which wiped out all its losses from the coronavirus sell-off, and surpassing the previous high of February 19th. However, a CNBC analysis shows that many stocks have yet to climb back to their prior levels. For example, between the prior market high on February 19th and August 18th, when the market first surpassed the previous high, 38% of stocks in the index made gains while the remaining 62% were still negative.
Please Note: Atlanta Financial Associates is a tradename. All services provided by Atlanta Financial Associates investment professionals provided in their individual capacities as investment adviser representatives of Mercer Global Advisors Inc. (“Mercer Advisors”), an SEC-registered investment adviser principally located in Denver, Colorado, with various branch offices throughout the United States doing business under different tradenames, including Atlanta Financial Associates.
The presence of this website on the Internet shall not be directly or indirectly interpreted as a solicitation of investment advisory services to persons of another jurisdiction unless otherwise permitted by statute.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of Atlanta Financial, unless otherwise specifically cited. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and no representations are made by our firm as to another parties’ informational accuracy or completeness. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation. All investing involves risk, including the potential for loss of principal. There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful.