Since there is no shortage of news about the challenges we are facing due to the coronavirus, we thought you might appreciate some good news for a change as we head into the weekend.
Progress on the medical front:
• Medical research is moving at a feverish pace with an experimental vaccine by Moderna in clinical trials, findings regarding possible antibodies to ward off infection and some progress on drug protocol for treatment of COVID-19.
• Seven patients who were treated for COVID-19 at Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh (SFS) Hospital and Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital in India have recovered. The treatment protocol will be widely scaled to other hospitals.
• Testing progress is being made as well. Cleveland’s MetroHealth Medical Center has developed a COVID-19 test that can now deliver results in just two hours, rather than in a matter of days.
Progress on the spread of the virus:
• Countries that experienced infections first are showing a dramatic drop in new cases, with rates plummeting in China and South Korea.
• After its peak of 909 newly reported COVID-19 cases on February 29th, for example, South Korea has now seen a dramatic drop in the number of new cases reported daily.
Economic recovery is beginning to follow the progress in fighting the virus.
• Apple has reopened all 42 of its Apple retail stores in China.