At the most basic level, business transition planning is a strategy that can be put into play when a business is sold or changes hands. For company owners nearing retirement, a successful transition plan can play an important part in creating and preserving the value of the business after it has changed hands.
Atlanta Financial Blog
Week 1: In Need of Some Good News for a Change?
Since there is no shortage of news about the challenges we are facing due to the coronavirus, we thought you might appreciate some good news for a change as we head into the weekend.
Progress on the medical front:
• Medical research is moving at a feverish pace with an experimental vaccine by Moderna in clinical trials, findings regarding possible antibodies to ward off infection and some progress on drug protocol for treatment of COVID-19.
• Seven patients who were treated for COVID-19 at Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh (SFS) Hospital and Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital in India have recovered. The treatment protocol will be widely scaled to other hospitals.
• Testing progress is being made as well. Cleveland’s MetroHealth Medical Center has developed a COVID-19 test that can now deliver results in just two hours, rather than in a matter of days.
Progress on the spread of the virus:
• Countries that experienced infections first are showing a dramatic drop in new cases, with rates plummeting in China and South Korea.
• After its peak of 909 newly reported COVID-19 cases on February 29th, for example, South Korea has now seen a dramatic drop in the number of new cases reported daily.
Economic recovery is beginning to follow the progress in fighting the virus.
• Apple has reopened all 42 of its Apple retail stores in China.
The travel industry has begun to see growing demand as we move closer to summer. However, not all travel will be the same, as much of the demand is directly related to the COVID-19 vaccine and reduced CDC restrictions. Instead, industry trends have emerged based on individual comfort levels as they apply to different modes of travel.
Below we will explore some of the factors that have contributed to an increase in travel and how different industries are responding to it.
Following a year of economic instability, it appears that many of us are turning our attention to something that’s been around for decades, but has recently piqued national interest – inflation. In fact, a recent study found that people are Googling the word “inflation” at a rapid rate, with a peak not seen since 2010…
As mothers, sisters and daughters, women are often counted on to be caregivers for family members in need. Whether it’s something as small as a cold or as debilitating as a terminal illness, women are typically the ones to care for and help out when a loved one is sick. But what happens when the caregiver is in need of her own care? Too many women are stuck facing this dilemma head on, instead of preparing for it while there’s still plenty of options, resources and time ahead. Below are a few reasons why it’s so important for women to plan for their own long-term care strategies now.