Planning for Physicians
Taking Health Care Volatility into Account
Health care’s unpredictable, often volatile, nature complicates financial planning – especially when a couple’s or family’s entire income is tied to the industry. One day it looks like you are on track to an early retirement, and the next day it looks like you’ll be seeing patients well into your golden years.
How can you plan for retirement when you face an unpredictable future? Modeling “what if” scenarios helps minimize risk even when you don’t have all the answers. Physicians gain confidence in their future when they feel prepared for what may be looming on the horizon.
Here are some of the questions we can help you answer:
- Can your retirement plan weather whatever happens in the industry?
- Are your tax-efficient investment strategies and risk management tools doing all they can to minimize your tax burden?
- Are you deferring income by contributing to qualified retirement plans?
- Will your current investments produce the income you need when you need it?
- Have you taken proper steps to protect your hard-earned assets from potential litigation – both personal and professional?
- Do you have adequate coverage to insure against disability and other financially negative life events?
Financial planning against the backdrop of the highly regulated healthcare industry presents a unique set of challenges. Because regulations can change rapidly, the steps you took last year aren’t likely to be as effective this year. Having an experienced professional help guide you through the changes can be critical to your success.
If you would like to learn more about our recommendations to physicians like yourself, contact Atlanta Financial today at 770.261.5380 to schedule your complimentary consultation.
JULIANNE F. ANDREWS
MBA, CFP®, AIF®
In 1992, Julie founded Atlanta Financial Associates with Cathy. Today, with more than 25 years of experience in the financial planning industry, Julie specializes in the financial needs of highly successful physicians, professionals, and individuals at or nearing retirement. Her expertise includes holistic financial planning, comprehensive wealth management, and asset protection and taxation strategies.
CPA, CFP®, AIF®
Rick focuses on providing wealth management solutions to successful business owners, professionals, and corporate executives in the Atlanta metro area. Working closely with his clients, he helps them address their major concerns: building and preserving their wealth and independence, mitigating taxes, taking care of their heirs, ensuring that their assets are not unjustly taken, and charitable giving.
Click here to schedule your complimentary 30-minute introductory call.