At the most basic level, business transition planning is a strategy that can be put into play when a business is sold or changes hands. For company owners nearing retirement, a successful transition plan can play an important part in creating and preserving the value of the business after it has changed hands.
Atlanta Financial Blog
Week 6: In Need of Some Good News for a Change?
As we move to the end of April, there are promising signs across the globe that efforts to “flatten the curve” are having a positive impact on the spread of COVID-19. We also continue to see the generosity of the American people and those around the world as we pull together during the pandemic. We hope you, your families and your friends are healthy and making the most of this time. Here is some good news from the past week to brighten your day and take you into the weekend.
- Our own Georgia-based Chick-Fil-A is donating $10.8 million to first responders.
- Although COVID-19 is particularly deadly to our senior citizens, a woman in Albany, Georgia was released from the hospital after recovering from the coronavirus in time to celebrate her 100th birthday.
- More than a dozen healthcare professionals from Atlanta answered the call to serve in New York this past Friday.
In the US and Around the Globe:
- Over 630,000 people have recovered from COVID-19.
- US companies are stepping up to help with the fight against COVID-19.
- In China and Japan, doctors have had promising results using blood plasma from people who have recovered from COVID-10 to treat those with the virus.
- Pharmaceutical companies around the world are working nonstop on treatments for COVID-19 and have seen promising results.
At Atlanta Financial, we continue to work remotely and are always happy to hear from you so please don’t hesitate to reach out. Please stay safe and well.
The travel industry has begun to see growing demand as we move closer to summer. However, not all travel will be the same, as much of the demand is directly related to the COVID-19 vaccine and reduced CDC restrictions. Instead, industry trends have emerged based on individual comfort levels as they apply to different modes of travel.
Below we will explore some of the factors that have contributed to an increase in travel and how different industries are responding to it.
Following a year of economic instability, it appears that many of us are turning our attention to something that’s been around for decades, but has recently piqued national interest – inflation. In fact, a recent study found that people are Googling the word “inflation” at a rapid rate, with a peak not seen since 2010…
As mothers, sisters and daughters, women are often counted on to be caregivers for family members in need. Whether it’s something as small as a cold or as debilitating as a terminal illness, women are typically the ones to care for and help out when a loved one is sick. But what happens when the caregiver is in need of her own care? Too many women are stuck facing this dilemma head on, instead of preparing for it while there’s still plenty of options, resources and time ahead. Below are a few reasons why it’s so important for women to plan for their own long-term care strategies now.